Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Grand Canyon in 3-D


 The Grand Canyon!!

This is the 3D Digital Elevation Model I created from data of the Grand Canyon.




Below is the aspect model. It is very colorful.
Above: The color ramped DEM. Blue is low and brown is high altitude. I chose this one because it reminds me of the brown desert with a river cutting through it.
Below: The color ramped DEM layered with the hillshade model.
To the left is the hillshade model I created.


Below is the slope model.... It is entirely red. This supposedly means that EVERYWHERE had an extremely steep slope. We know this is not the case because besides the canyon, Arizona is very flat. Several other people's slope models did not work, so my TA, Patrick, said we could include this weird red one.
I selected the Grand Canyon to do this assignment because it has a lot of topographical relief so you will be able to see drastic changes in altitude.

The extent of this DEM:
Top: 36.468
Right: -111.640
Bottom: 36.057
Left: -111.966

GCS:
GCS_North_American_1983

No comments:

Post a Comment